James Bell and Danelle Wiseman, both from Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate, join Kevin Turner in this week’s episode of Property News Update.
Tune in as they discuss the following property stories:
- Technology and smart cities. The real estate industry has unique challenges that make it harder to invest in technology – we’re dealing with properties with a 30 to 50-year life after all. With the recent explosion of prop-tech, we need to look at smart building and our city value systems.
- The best city to buy in right now. With the Reserve Bank’s decision on Tuesday to hold rates, experts have declared Melbourne and Brisbane as the best cities to invest in property at the moment.
- Waterfront property attracts a 63% premium. According to Knight Frank’s latest Australian Prime Waterfront Index, prime absolute waterfront properties in Australia are worth up to 63% more than their inland counterparts on average. The premium was the greatest in Sydney, with up to 94.9% in value added in Q3 2019.
- Sunshine Coast – No. 1 growth market. Experts say that if you want to invest in property that will surely rise in value, don’t invest in metropolitan cities. Sunshine Coast has been dubbed the number one growth market in the Sunshine State and “one of the best in nation” with a $20 billion spending boost in infrastructure and property development.
- The best the coast has to offer. Planning to buy a property before Christmas? Then treat yourself to this tastefully renovated, easy-care 580 sqm fully fenced property perfect for the busy family or the professional couple.