06 Jul REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL SALARIES
If a salary is what you are after then real estate sales might not be for you!
Here are some facts:
- The best most successful agents will not work for a salary
- To work for a salary means you are working for a ‘boss’
- Most successful salespeople I have worked with see themselves as running their own business. Masters of their own destiny.
- Most of the sales occur out of hours which means you will be working when people want to see you not when it fits into a work day
- The sky is the limit when it comes to earning a living as a real estate salesperson. Why would you want to put a cap on your earning potential?
- Commissions are negotiable. You will be a much better negotiator if your income is linked to your negotiation ability not your need to take home a salary.
- When you start out, it is likely that you will be on a wage until you can demonstrate the potential to earn over the minimum wage. How fast will that be?
- The agents who demonstrate the traits of the most successful salespeople are generally the ones who can’t wait to get off the minimum wage.
- A wage is a lifeline. Lifelines are excuses. If you settle for a wage you will also be making excuses for why you are failing.
Ask yourself these question…..
- Do I have the self-belief to back my abilities?
- Am I willing to do what it takes to succeed?
- Does security come from a wage or being paid what I am worth?
Your answer to those questions will determine if you are destined to be a successful real estate agent.