04 Aug MAKING SOCIAL MEDIA USEFUL IN REAL ESTATE AGENT MARKETING
The first thing to understand about social media is that it is meant to be ‘social’. That is how it got its name.
Many agents think it is a platform to push their latest listings or brag about their latest sale.
That would be like going to a bar b cue and saying out loud “Let me tell you about my latest listing” or “I just sold a house – how good am I?”
You would stop getting invitations real quick.
That is what you are doing on social media but it’s worse, because a lot of these people you don’t even know.
Social Media, correctly used, is a great way to tell people what you are all about. They get to know you as a person and appreciate your qualities before they meet you in some cases and before they decide to work with you professionally.
Sure – they need to know you are successful and so the occasional new listing and/or sale is OK but it should not be all you do on social media.
Here are some tips:
- Set up a business Facebook page, do not use your personal page
- Write about what is happening in your patch
- Use images and video to communicate
- Show how you care about the people you work with – how you give welcome packs, the information you provide to buyers and sellers etc
- Use contests and ask questions to get people engaged in your social media
- Make it a communication channel – not just one way from you but get people to talk to you and ask you questions
- Use the 80/20 rule – post 80% of your content about lifestyle and 20% about you and your product.
Now – get social!