Join buyer’s agent, Principal and Founder of Good Deeds Property Buyers Veronica Morgan as she chats with Kevin in this week’s episode of Property News Update!
Tune in as they discuss the following property stories from around the world:
- They don’t know that they have it so good. The UK government is being urged to slash stamp duty to help boost housebuilding and encourage people to buy their own homes. Great idea, but listen to this… the average buyer in England pays £2,300 when they buy a property. That’s just over $4k
- Recycled swimming pools. A “rubbish” idea didn’t only fulfill a child’s wish for a swimming pool but has also helped Accountant Hans Windell start a successful small business. Check out his ingenious idea – it will make you wonder why people haven’t thought of this before.
- America’s most expensive. Once the home of hotelier and Hilton founder Conrad Hilton, Casa Encantada is being sold for US$225 million, making it the most expensive public real estate listing in America’s history. Its past of hosting Hollywood royalty and presidents has no doubt contributed to its record breaking price.
- Not so ‘safe as houses’. Property investors lose hundreds of thousands of dollars through unregulated real estate advice. For investors Matt and Peter, the expression “safe as houses” is just about meaningless.
- Kenny sings up a mansion. Kenny Rogers isn’t just a singer, he also flipped homes on the side back in the day! That’s surely an entertaining listing.