Commercial Director Fiona Okeson joins Kevin Turner in this week’s episode of Property News Update! Tune in as they discuss the following property stories from around the world:
- World’s coolest offices. Planning a renovation for your office? Take a look at some of the best-looking offices in the world to add some pizazz to your team’s work.
- When a demo goes wrong. Demolitions are serious business, so what happens when the company doing it is out of their depth? This company was fined $150,000 after triggering a gas leak, trapping a neighbor in her own property, and risked workers to asbestos exposure.
- House with a $200,000 chandelier. One of Brisbane’s grandest homes, the Chandler mansion has a new owner. The iconic property set a new record for a home sale in the suburb – more than $4 million.
- Hot property in the snow. Despite climate change concerns and diminishing natural snowfalls, alpine real estate demand is rising.
- Australian ghost island sells. Dunk Island, a once-popular Queensland resort, has been left in limbo for 8 years after being ravaged by Cyclone Yasi. Its new owners, an investment group, are planning to transform it to a “tourism mecca of Australia”.